Wednesday 13 March 2013

Breaking Smews!

..... Or so was the title when I actually wrote it.
 
Y'see now a week and a half has past since I wrote that title and saved this blog post to draft that I intended to finish the next day.
 
Since then my laptop broke and I've since ordered a new one. To be fair I was due a new one. I'd had my netbook for 4 years and it had got so full of stuff that it's speed was like that of a Giant Redwood in a 100metre sprint. And in the world of computers (where anything over 94 milliseconds is compared old) my computer looked like it had been dug up from a Neolithic archaeological excavation.
 
But enough about that. Back to the birds. And more importantly news about Smews. Yes you may think that I'm running these Smew gags into the ground but I don't know when I'll get the chance again. And it's my blog so I'll do what I want.
 
So anyway. The weekend after last I was back at Harewood and had taken my binoculars in the hope of getting a better view of the pair. And wouldn't Smew believe it, they were both there! I got some cracking views of the male diving with a male Goldeneye. It was like finding a Strawberry Crème and an Orange Crème in the Roses box in amongst all the wrappers and nuts. Absolutely brilliant stuff.
 
As I had no chance of taking a picture of a Smew half way across a lake I tried to take a picture of Red Kites circling half way up in the air. Similar results.
 
I'm back off home at the weekend for Easter where bird ringing and watching shall commence with a vengeance.
 
And hopefully we have no more technical (me dropping my laptop on the floor) difficulties. But I'm sure everything will be fine.
 
You could even say I'm confident everything will run Smewthly.
 
 
I'll stop now.


No comments:

Post a Comment