Wednesday 10 July 2013

Moth-ing?


Is that what is called? Mothing?

Apparently, noting down nearly all the birds I see isn't enough list based activities for me and I've now decided to take the plunge with moths. After thinking about it since returning from my field trip in Malham, it was chatting to some invertebrate people at a stall at Creswell Crags that finally tipped me over the edge. That night I borrowed a light bulb from my Granddad, a white sheet from my Mum, two bricks and some bike handle bars and created this masterpiece of moth attraction!

The pinnacle of moth catching.
However it transpires that there are either a lot less moths in my garden than I anticipated, or that I'm going about the wrong way to catch them. Over two nights I only managed to attract two "macro"moths (that is, proper moths), and if numbers continue at this rate then my moth... attractor (?) may need to undergo some serious evolution.


Heart and Dart
Riband Wave


No comments:

Post a Comment