Saturday 26 January 2013

The First Post

I do believe an introduction is in order.

Hello, I'm Jack.

That's me over there with the Redwing. It was on a bitterly cold October morning in 2009, at a time that the vast majority of teenagers aren't even aware exists. It was the first time I'd been back to bird ringing in over a year and that little beauty was the first bird we caught. That picture pretty much epitomises my life so far. A fascination with birds that runs beyond my earliest memories and has broadened into an interest in all of the natural world.

Its led me to where I am now, sat in an 8 bedroom student house that's about as cold as that October morning. Oh and now band practice has started next door, brilliant. If anybody wants to buy their album "Endless Deafening Drum Sounds" I'm sure I can put in a word.

I'm in Leeds, where I study Zoology at the University here. When I'm not in lectures or studying furiously (which I can assure you is often. Honest.) I'm either helping care for the exotic birds as a volunteer at Harewood House or wandering through the various parks around Leeds with a pair of binoculars in hand. 

When back at home I'm stirring myself at ungodly hours to go out and stand in a field or wood to catch birds and put rings on their legs. That or going out and sitting in/by a field, wood, pond, river, lake, heath, moor, shore, park or city to watch birds. You get the gist.

And basically that's what I'll be writing about. Birdwatching, bird ringing, most things bird related and other naturey things thrown in too.

If this sounds like your kind of thing then:
1. I'm glad you found it...
2. I hope you enjoy it...
3. Get in touch, It'd be great to hear from you!


Hope you enjoy.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment